AC vs DC
Keep scrolling to find out!
Call us at 912-236-1730 to schedule your electrical service.
Alternating vs. Direct Current
“So it appears the War of the Currents may not be over yet. But instead of continuing in a heated AC vs. DC battle, it looks like the two currents will end up working parallel to each other in a sort of hybrid armistice.” Lantero, A. The War of the Currents: AC vs. DC Power. Energy.gov
Quick Facts on Alternating Current
- Alternating current is electric current whose direction fluctuates.
- It was developed by Nikola Tesla.
- AC power is used in your home and workplaces.
- Equipment & home appliances use AC power.
- Alternating current more efficient than DC power.
- AC power easily converts to low or high voltages and loses less voltage over long distances
Quick Facts on Direct Current
- Direct current is electric current that flows in one direction.
- It was developed by Thomas Edison
- DC power is used for charging batteries & consumer electrics.
- Electric vehicles use direct current.
- Solar panels produce DC power.
- Direct current doesn’t convert to higher or lower voltages easily.
- It is more stable than AC.
Energy.gov has a fun and interactive page all about Edison and Tesla. check it our for videos, timelines, quizzes, and more about alternating and direct currents.
Second time using them, this time to install an outdoor ceiling fan. Their Professionalism, Customer Focus, and knowledge is second to none & I’ ve used other Local Electrical Contractor, they are leagues ahead.
Response from Joyner Electric And Security
Wow! Thanks Joe for the review. We appreciate it very much!
Why Choose Joyner Electric and Security
Our purpose is to empower customers to keep them out of the dark by delivering expert electrical service. We are professional, work efficiently, are committed to our work, we do the right thing, and think positively.
- We guarantee our work.
- We are the experts.
- We communicate with our customers.