AC vs DC
Keep scrolling to find out!
Call us at 912-236-1730 to schedule your electrical service.
Alternating vs. Direct Current
“So it appears the War of the Currents may not be over yet. But instead of continuing in a heated AC vs. DC battle, it looks like the two currents will end up working parallel to each other in a sort of hybrid armistice.” Lantero, A. The War of the Currents: AC vs. DC Power. Energy.gov
Quick Facts on Alternating Current
- Alternating current is electric current whose direction fluctuates.
- It was developed by Nikola Tesla.
- AC power is used in your home and workplaces.
- Equipment & home appliances use AC power.
- Alternating current more efficient than DC power.
- AC power easily converts to low or high voltages and loses less voltage over long distances
Quick Facts on Direct Current
- Direct current is electric current that flows in one direction.
- It was developed by Thomas Edison
- DC power is used for charging batteries & consumer electrics.
- Electric vehicles use direct current.
- Solar panels produce DC power.
- Direct current doesn’t convert to higher or lower voltages easily.
- It is more stable than AC.
I could not be happier with the service and professionalism from Joyner. Chase and Daniel immediately knew how to fix my electrical issues and were polite and efficient. I have already recommended them to a friend who needs electrical work and will definitely call on them again with any other electrical needs.
Response from Joyner Electric And Security
That’s so great to hear! I’m glad Daniel and Chase fixed you right up and thank you so much for referring us to your friend!
Why Choose Joyner Electric and Security
Our purpose is to empower customers to keep them out of the dark by delivering expert electrical service. We are professional, work efficiently, are committed to our work, we do the right thing, and think positively.
- We guarantee our work.
- We are the experts.
- We communicate with our customers.