Burnt Electrical Panel

You may need to upgrade your electrical panel or you may just need it serviced or inspected. First, let’s go over the basics.

What is an Electrical Panel?

Your panel channels power from your power company into your home. At the panel, the power is divided and sent throughout the house or building. In order for your home appliances and light fixtures to work, your panel has to be updated and maintained.

Burnt Electrical Panel
Does my electrical panel need servicing or maintenance?

The electrical panel naturally warms up and cools down in accordance to the load demand placed on it. With this warming and cooling constantly going on, many connections in the panel will become loose. Loose connections cause a higher amp draw and a higher amp draw causes HEAT. Heat causes loose connections; it is a vicious cycle that will grow. With little to no maintenance, small problems will slowly arise, usually unnoticed and can grow into major problems and sometimes become catastrophic (FIRE).

Do I need to upgrade my panel?

These are situations when you may need to upgrade your panel.

  • Remodeling / Renovation
  • Addition of a major appliance like a chest freezer or spa
  • Building an addition
  • Panel is being overtaxed. Most homes require at least 150 amps.
  • Home has one of these panels / boxes.
  • Federal Pacific Electric Company (FPE) Panel – Fire hazards
  • Zinsco Panels
  • Fuse Box
  • Flickering or Dimming Lights when something is turned on
  • Circuit breakers tripping frequently
  • Panel is over 25 years old

Ultimately, your electrical panel is very important to your home or workplace and if not cared for, it can become a safety hazard. Be safe and give Joyner Electric and Security a call to set up an inspection to make sure your panel is running as it should.

All Work Guaranteed | 24/7 Emergency Service

Call Now
912-236-1730 or 912-236-5300